Kieran McDougal is an Associate in IISD’s Knowledge for Integrated Decisions group. Kieran has a background in global political economy, public policy, environmental policy and governance and ecological economics. In his work at the Centre for Governance Innovation, Kieran researched Canada-United States cross-border renewable energy governance. In addition, Kieran worked in Botswana on the Maun Riverfront Development Project, where he engaged community stakeholders to develop the Maun Museum into a cultural hub.
- Effective Public Investments to Improve Food SecurityThe world has made significant progress in reducing hunger over the past decade. But hunger remains a major challenge. This policy brief identifies the most effective and efficient ways to invest in improving food security.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: Water infrastructureTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for water infrastructure.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: Energy infrastructureTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for energy infrastructure.
- Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool: BuildingsTechnical background document for the Sustainable Asset Valuation Tool of IISD (SAVi) for buildings.
- Costs of Pollution in Canada: Measuring the impacts on families, businesses and governmentsPollution costs Canadian families, businesses and governments a startling amount every year. These costs add up to tens of billions of dollars at least. These are our findings from a new report on the cost of pollution in Canada.
- Comprehensive Wealth in Canada—Measuring what matters in the long runThis report seeks to introduce the concept of comprehensive wealth to Canadians and outline why it should be considered an essential complement to the other measures such as gross domestic product.