The Hidden Cost of Tax Incentives (2018 Investing in African Mining Indaba)
The IGF, in collaboration with the Organisation for Economic Development and Co-operation (OECD), presents guidance for governments on how to anticipate and limit the cost of mining tax incentives, as well as new empirical research on the prevalence of tax incentives in the mining sector.
Join us for this presentation at 2018 Investing in African Mining Indaba exploring a broader program to design mining sector-specific solutions to some of the most pressing tax base erosion and profit shifting challenges facing resource-rich developing countries.
- 11:00 a.m.–11:15 a.m.: Introduction to the IGF-OECD BEPS in Mining Program, Howard Mann, International Senior Law Advisor, IISD
- 11:15 a.m.–11:45 a.m.: The Hidden Cost of Tax Incentives in Mining: Presentation of informal working draft, Alexandra Readhead, Technical Advisor, BEPS, IGF
- 11:45 a.m.–12:15 p.m.: Panel discussion on tax incentives in mining
- 12:15 p.m.–12:55 p.m.: Plenary discussion – Facilitated discussion
- 12:55 p.m.–1:00 p.m.: Next steps and wrap up, Howard Mann, International Senior Law Advisor, IISD
February 5, 2018
Holiday Inn Cape Town (formerly Strand Tower Hotel) – corner of Strand Street and Loop Street
Cape Town, South Africa