President and Chief Executive Officer
Scott Vaughan was appointed IISD President and CEO in 2013. Prior to joining IISD, he was Canada's Commissioner of the Environment and Sustainable Development. He has also served as Director of the Department of Sustainable Development, Organization of American States (OAS); Visiting Scholar, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; Head of Economics, NAFTA Environment Commission; and Counsellor, World Trade Organization (WTO).
Scott's considerable experience on trade and environment includes initiating the Finance Initiative at the United Nations Environment Programme. He holds post-graduate degrees from the London School of Economics, University of Edinburgh and Dalhousie University, and an undergraduate degree from Mount Allison University.
Affiliations include member of the Environmental Leadership Council of the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce; China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED); China Eco-Forum Global International Advisory Council; World Economic Forum Stewardship Board for International Trade and Investment; Smart Prosperity Leaders Initiative; and Associate Editor, Chinese Journal of Urban and Environment Studies.
- IISD Speech: President and CEO Scott Vaughan at the World Circular Economy Forum 2017, HelsinkiIISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan speech from the World Circular Economy Forum 2017 on June 6, 2017 in Helsinki.
- IISD Speech: President and CEO Scott Vaughan at the UN Economic and Social Council, 2017 Integrated Segment, New YorkIISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan speaking at the UN ESOSOC 2017 Integration Segment on May 8, 2017 in New York.
- IISD Speech: IISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan at the Regional Forum on Sustainable Development for the UNECE Region, GenevaIISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan speaking at the Regional Forum on Sustainable Development for the UNECE Region in Geneva on April 25, 2017.
- IISD Speech: President and CEO Scott Vaughan at PAGE Ministerial Conference, BerlinIISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan speaks at the PAGE Ministerial Conference in Berlin, Germany on March 27, 2017.
- Regional Sustainable Development: Lessons in integrated policies (speech)IISD President and CEO Scott Vaughan spoke at the International Symposium on the Yangtze River...
- Montréal et la nouvelle économie verte (discours)Le président-directeur général de l’IISD, Scott Vaughan, discute de l’importance de Montréal ...
- Accountability and the Post-2015 Agenda (Speech)IISD President Scott Vaughan's speech at the President of the 68th Session of the United Nation’s...
- The Challenge of Extreme Events and their Impacts (Speech)IISD President Scott Vaughan's keynote speech at the Canadian Climate Forum's Symposium on...